Sunday, November 1, 2015

Working Boy

Recently, I decided to take some time off Twitter and Instagram in order to concentrate on an important task: reading books I have had pending for some time.

Today I had a quick glance at those and I realized that a co-worker stopped following me on Twitter.

Some of you might be wondering: why am I telling you all this?

Some time ago, I caught that person passing my work as his own and not giving me any credit at all. I never had the chance of speaking to him, since we work in different locations for the same company. Nonetheless, I told my manager, but I never knew anything else about it. Sometimes my team and I would laugh about the matter; we even coined an expression with the employee's surname.

I guess I could have told him directly, but I didn't want to risk certain consequences. He belongs to a much higher area and I was afraid I could be sacked for it. Indeed, I have seen people get fired for being honest.
My dear Tairrie B says that honesty is the holiest disease. And I'm proud to affirm that now I'm blessed to be infected with it.


Who knows?! Maybe I'm risking a lot by writing this post, but my future lies in a much different place. I can't wait to write about it, but it has to wait for a little bit*...
I'm not afraid to speak my mind. Fear may be a very powerful tool to have people under control, but it will not work with me. I'm the only one entitled to control myself.

In summary, I'm really grateful he stopped following me. Who needs people like that in their lives? Not me, definitely.

Have you ever been in that situation? If so, how have you managed it?

I'd love to read you.

Thank you.

PS: Always believe in yourselves, working people!


*UPDATE (01/12/2015):

I have unveiled it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment