Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pain

Once I was the singer in a band called Go Ape.

The band formed in the summer of 2008 in Barcelona, Catalonia, and lasted only a year.

We played four shows in the first half of 2009 and started recording our first album, even though this was never completed, because we split soon after.

This was the last song I wrote while I was in the band (it was neither recorded nor ever played live).

I choose to publish this today, as we commemorate the Shoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) and pain is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of it:


Pain

I cannot dive into your eyes
An empty land, that's paradise
A storm of dust, remaining sand
The wind is blowing there inside

No liquid life, no hope to arise
A vast plateau extending far
I want to cry, I want to die
I feel a void I cannot stop

It grows in me, it grows in time
I'm flying to the promised land
The journey is long, I'm coming old
When will this suffering be done?

You were my life, you were my path
And now I have to wave goodbye
I have no choice, I have no force
I see I don't know what I want

I feel so lost, I feel alone
I wish I just could get back home
Oh rescue me or leave me now
Please end this torture on your own

End this torture now...

I like it
I hate it
Please end it right now

No comments:

Post a Comment