Monday, May 11, 2015

Primavera Sound 2015

This year, I'm going to see several artists live at Barcelona's Primavera Sound on Saturday, May 30th, 2015.

The timetable is set and this is my choice:

  • Swans: 7:25 to 9:55 pm - RockDeLux stage.
  • Tori Amos: 8:30 to 9:30 pm - RayBan stage.
  • Einstürzende Neubauten: 9:40 to 10:40 pm - ATP stage.
  • Babes in Toyland: 11:45 pm to 12:40 am - ATP stage.

It's almost perfect, except for one thing: why doesn't Swans start earlier? Why do they have to partly overlap with Tori Amos? I'll have to leave the Swans concert halfway to go to the Tori Amos one...

At least, Swans seem to be coming every year to Barcelona: they've done so in the past 3 years. I hope they're here again in 2016!

Tori Amos, however, is playing in Barcelona for the first time in her career. It'll be my first time seeing her live as well - I've been a fan since the late 90s. This opportunity is, obviously, not to be missed: it's a dream coming true and I'm feeling very grateful!


UPDATE (05/31/2015):

It turned out that Swans were finally going to start at 5:45 and finish at 8:45 pm. Sadly, I learned that too late. Indeed, I got to the festival at 7pm and I could have still enjoyed part of their concert.

However, since I saw that The Vaselines were going to perform from 7:30 to 8:15 pm, I decided to drop Swans and chose to see them. It's a band that I know very little, but I was curious to get to know them more. What I didn't know, though, was that their concert was held in a limited capacity and an extra ticket was needed. Therefore, I had to give up on that idea too.

Eventually, I got to eat a lovely vegan dinner in no rush and see 3 full awesome acts: Tori Amos, Einstürzende Neubauten, and Babes in Toyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment