Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Slaughterhouse

I wrote "Slaughterhouse" in 2008 for Go Ape - a band in which I was the lead singer.

These next words describe the miserable life of animals in factory farms:

Welcome to your worst nightmare... reality!

I cannot hide it
I can’t be quiet
About your values
About your acts
I am gonna try it
You gonna crack

Enter this cage
Spend all day
In this position
Fulfill my mission
Forget emotions
Insane corrosion

Oh, you’re just an object
Of my possession
C’mon now feed my obsession

Free me, free me now...

Time to go out
To slaughterhouse
You’ll see the light
Paradise
Brothers and sisters
Ahead and behind

I smell the fear
The pain of death
Try to resist
You may escape
Upside down
Screaming loud!

Oh, I feel the knife
Through my throat
Oh, I feel my blood

Pouring down...

Someday you will pay
Someday you will suffer... your desires


If you follow the link above, you will be able to listen to a demo of this song.

Lastly, I would like to stress that I do not mean to be judgmental, even though I believe in raising awareness when it comes to knowing how food is currently being produced.

READ: Vegetarian

No comments:

Post a Comment